Posted: 22 May, 2015
Everyone loves a chocolate brownie and everyone loves cookies.... so why not take the best of BOTH worlds and create the ultimate weekend treat!
The Ultimate Treat Day Oreo Cookie Dough Brownie!
22 May, 2015 - 2:21PM
This is a lot of work and if you're stuck for time it's easiest to use a box mix - however you can make the components fron scratch!
Prepare your batters:
- 25g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Melt butter in saucepan and let cool slightly.
2. Add brown sugar, sugar and egg and stir to combine.
3. Sift flours and baking powder and add to mix with chocolate chips and combine.
- 140 grams butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate pieces.
1. Melt butter and stir in sugar - add lightly beaten eggs and beat to combine.
2. Add sifted dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
Assemble your Brownie!
1. Line and grease a baking tin.
2. Press cookie dough into tin.
3. Layer over Oreo cookies.
4. Add any other add-ins - a layer of caramel or Nutella would go down well.
5. Pour over brownie mixture.
4. Bake at 180 degrees for around 35 minutes - depending on your oven.
5. When a knife comes out clean your brownie is done! If you want a bit stickier then feel free to under-cook.
Have something to say? Click here to join the conversation!